Proxy server: classification, characteristics, selection rules
Proxy Server Classification. Brief overview of paid and free proxy servers. A thesis about what proxy servers are and what they are.
The choice of proxy depends on the task. As a rule, ordinary users need proxy servers to hide their real IP address and thus gain access to blocked resources.
For the online shop owners, managers, site optimizer and other professionals involved in this tool is necessary to compile a semantic core, product or service promotion, driving up the number of subscriptions, likes, and other equally important tasks.
Classification of proxy servers
Proxy servers can be divided into three main types:
- HTTP and HTTPS. Common types of protocols that are compatible with almost all up-to-date programs. They are used for a wide range of tasks, but mainly for web browsing.
- SOCKS. It is considered the anonymous protocol but is not compatible with many programs.
- CGI. This type of proxy server is considered to be anonymous. It is only for use in a browser, as the CGI protocol is not supported by most up-to-date programs.
- FTP. This type of server is used to protect information from intruders and is usually used in corporate networks.
By using proxy servers, you can find the best way to bypass regional blockages and use the Internet unlimited.
To pay or not to pay, that's the question
Free proxies have their pros and cons. Some benefits of free servers are:
- The ability to use multiple proxy servers at once, creating a chain of them, and thus increase anonymity in the network.
- Anonymous public servers allow keeping confidentiality in a network as well as paid proxies.
- Such features as response time and connection speed of the free servers can be no lower than the paid analogs.
Among the disadvantages of public proxies can be highlighted:
- Unstable operation and short life cycle.
- Lack of security in the network, as several users can work with one proxy, even attackers.
- When choosing a free server, make sure that it is anonymous, as most of the proxies that are in public access cannot guarantee total privacy.
Individual proxy servers, which are issued in one hand, have no disadvantages, except for the subscription fee. Paid proxies are recommended to use, for safe information protection, qualified SMM-promotion, for professional and fast work with announcements, as well as for solving other problems that require increased security and anonymity.
Thus, to get anonymous proxies, you should only from verified and reliable providers to which it is possible to carry the Proxy company, where any network user can choose an anonymous and safe server for any purposes for a reasonable price.